April 15 – 17, 2018
Fort Worth Convention Center
Registration Packet Please make sure you have confirmed your entry count with your Regional Data Person prior to starting the Registration process. To begin Chapter Registration, Go to Registration Portal
All Chapter Advisors must pick up registration packet and name badges for all students and adults attending the state contest, no students or adults will be allowed to place projects or enter a contest without the name badge. (If registration is closed these may be picked up at the Information desk)
To receive awards at the State competition, ALL schools are required to complete the Registration process. Each station must be checked and completed for your school to be registered.
Guest Registration can be handled one of two ways.
(1) Chapters may register their guests as part of their school registration. All Chapters will receive two complimentary registrations to be used for guests/administrators/chaperones and/or bus drivers. These complimentary registrations can not be used for students or advisors.
(2) Guests may also be registered and invoiced directly using EventBrite. EventBrite Guest Registration
Conference Schedule can be found on Sched: 2018 State Conference Schedule
All hotel rooms will be booked through the Texas TSA hotel block. Any school booking outside of conference block will incur a penalty of $100/attendee registered for that chapter. Additionally, all schools participating in on-site events, will be required to stay on-site in the hotel block. The only exception to this policy, are schools who are within a 20 mile radius of the Fort Worth Convention Center.
Bus Parking is $20/bus and bus passes can be purchased during the registration process. Bus passes will be sent out the week prior to contest. A shuttle will be ran from the bus parking lot to the hotels daily. Map of Bus Parking.
When you check in you will be given entry labels to be attached to your entries. One designated person from each region has been tasked with getting the data turned in on or before March 26, 2018.
Labels should be placed on the back of projects or portfolios. For onsite events with no portfolio, your label will be used an entrance ticket.
More information about Pre-submit competitions will be posted as the competition date gets closer.
Written Exam and Graphic Solutions
Registration is required for. Instructor must turn in the completed exam registration sheet before 2 p.m., To the registration desk. We need a list of your student(s), their ID #, and the test and/or graphic solution(s) they will each be taking. It helps if you have them broken out according to session #1 or session #2 also. Each qualified student will then receive a pass to enter the exam.
Please use the prescribed form for Texas Projects Documentation.
Code Of Ethics
All TSA Members will adhere to the National Code of Ethics as stated on the national website.
National Qualifying Events:
The 2017-2108, minimum dress requirements for NQEs at State Contest will follow National TSA requirements as defined in the National TSA Competitive Events Guide. No exceptions will be made.
1. The official TSA royal blue dress shirt is required. See rules for specific event for tie and jacket requirements.
2. Dress skirt or pants – Gray
3. Black dress shoes or dress boots – females can wear open-toe shoes or dress sandals – No flip-flops.
Remember your team can be penalized for not following dress codes rules in all NQE events. The National TSA 2017-2018 Dress Code = http://www.tsaweb.org/Dress-Code
Unique to Texas Events (Projects and On-Site):
1. Students are required to wear a shirt with a collar, button up or polo. No logos on shirt, except for TSA logos (Chapter, State, or National) will be allowed.
2. Pants must be without holes or fraying. Jeans are allowed providing they are free of holes and tears. NO shorts allowed at any time during the conference!