2017/18 State Conference – April 15 – 17, 2018
Fort Worth Convention Center
Conference Schedule at a Glance
The 2018 Conference schedule is still being finalized. You may look at the 2017 Schedule at a Glance to get an idea of the conference schedule.
Conference Hotels: All hotel rooms will be booked through the Texas TSA hotel block. Any school booking outside of conference block will incur a penalty of $100/attendee registered for that chapter. Additionally, all schools participating in on-site events, will be required to stay on-site in the hotel block. The only exception to this policy, are schools who are within a 20 mile radius of the Fort Worth Convention Center.
Hotel Block will be available after October 20, 2017.
All Chapter Advisors must pick up registration packet and name badges for all students and adults attending the state contest, no students or adults will be allowed to place projects or enter a contest without the name badge. (If registration is closed these may be picked up at the Information desk)
To receive awards at the State competition, ALL schools are required to complete the Registration process. Each station must be checked and completed for your school to be registered.
FIRST COME, FIRST REGISTERED
To register for the 2017/18 State Contest, all Chapters must complete the following steps:
(1) Submit all entries to Regional Data Person by date established for your Region.
(2) Log onto an online system (DLG) and register all adults and students who will be attending State Contest. More details will be released in the spring of 2018.
All Non TSA members must register to attend any portion of State Contest including General Sessions.
National Qualifying Events:
The 2017-2108, minimum dress requirements for NQEs at State Contest will follow National TSA requirements as defined in the National TSA Competitive Events Guide. No exceptions will be made.
1. The official TSA royal blue dress shirt is required. See rules for specific event for tie and jacket requirements.
2. Dress skirt or pants – Gray
3. Black dress shoes or dress boots – females can wear open-toe shoes or dress sandals – No flip-flops.
Remember your team can be penalized for not following dress codes rules in all NQE events. The National TSA 2017-2018 Dress Code = http://www.tsaweb.org/Dress-Code
Unique to Texas Events (Projects and On-Site):
1. Students are required to wear a shirt with a collar, button up or polo. No logos on shirt, except for TSA logos (Chapter, State, or National) will be allowed.
2. Pants must be without holes or fraying. Jeans are allowed providing they are free of holes and tears. NO shorts allowed at any time during the conference!
When you check in you will be given entry labels to be attached to your entries. One designated person from each region has been tasked with getting the data turned in on or before March 26, 2018.
Labels should be placed on the back of projects or portfolios. For onsite events with no portfolio, your label will be used an entrance ticket.
More information about Pre-submit competitions will be posted as the competition date gets closer.
Written Exam and Graphic Solutions
Registration is required for. Instructor must turn in the completed exam registration sheet before 2 p.m., To the registration desk. We need a list of your student(s), their ID #, and the test and/or graphic solution(s) they will each be taking. It helps if you have them broken out according to session #1 or session #2 also. Each qualified student will then receive a pass to enter the exam.