Behnke/Worley Advisor Scholarship for Technology and Engineering Teacher Professional Development – The Texas Technology Student Association proudly announces the $2,000 Behnke/Worley Advisor Technology and Engineering Teacher Scholarship in honor of Bob Behnke and Charles “Bud” Worley. Its purpose is to support teachers in their preparation to increase the positive outcomes of technology and engineering education. Criteria include: (1) evidence of teaching success, (2) plans for action research, (3) recommendations, (4) plans for professional development, and (5) the applicant’s need.
Behnke/Worley Advisor Scholarship
Technology and Engineering Teacher Professional Development
- Applicant must be a current Chapter Advisor in the Texas Technology Student Association.
- Membership must be on file with National Technology Student Association.
- Applicant must be a technology and engineering teacher at any grade level who is beginning or continuing graduate study and/or professional development coursework.
Application and Deadline
Applicant must send an application package, postmarked by February 1, that consists of the following required items:
- Letter of application with clear explanation of: (a) plans for post-secondary study, (b) plans for action research, (c) the applicant’s need, and (d) identification details – school name, grade level, address, telephone, and home address.
- Applicant’s resume not exceeding four pages that describes current position, professional activities, and achievements.
- Applicant’s official college transcript(s).
- Documentation of acceptance into post-secondary program of study.
- Three recommendation letters from among any of the following: undergraduate faculty, graduate faculty, and school administration.
Texas Technology Student Association
Pamela K Cook – Executive Director
3605 Tierra Calida Drive
El Paso, TX 79938
Scholarship Presentation: The scholarship is provided directly to the teacher and will be presented during the Texas TSA State Contest/ Conference in Fort Worth, Texas.