Texas TSA elects 6 State Officers annually at the State Conference in April. To apply to run for a State Officer position, the student member must meet the following eligibility criteria listed in the Student By-laws:
To be eligible to serve as officers, students must meet all of the following conditions:
- Remain in good standing with the local, state, and national organizations and maintain above-average grades in all schoolwork.
- Secure the written permission of the local administration to complete the duties and responsibilities associated with the office.
- Have served as a local or regional TSA officer. A state officer candidate must have held one of the following six offices prior to running for state office: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Reporter, and Sergeant-at-Arms.
- Have properly completed and submitted the officer nomination form to the state office prior to the published deadline.
- Be one of not more than two nominations for state office submitted by the local organization.
State Officer Application:
To apply to run for a Texas TSA state officer position you will need to fill out this application. All applicants must be in current grade 7 – 11.
Application is due by February 1.
The following items are needed to have a complete application:
- Completed Application
- Completed Advisor’s Recommendation
- Completed Administrator’s Recommendation
- Completed Community Member’s Recommendation
- Candidate Photo
If you have any questions about the officer application process please contact Jennifer O’Brian at: email@example.com